Sunday 13 June 2010

Sunday Baking

Making Whoopie...


I love cooking sweet treats on a Sunday morning. Me and Mr Man take it in turns to have a lie in at the weekend and Sunday is his day. Me and the boys are usually up and about at half seven in the morning and whilst the boys are watching TV, I take the opportunity to shut myself away in the kitchen without being disturbed and bake. I find it really peaceful and relaxing and it's when I like to try out a new recipe. On the whole I don't relish cooking, as it usually comes hand in hand with the evening rush of feeding the boys, getting them bathed, ready for bed and settled down. More often than not it's just another job to do, but on a Sunday it's a pleasure. Today I made Whoopie pies, which was a new one on me as I'd never even heard of them! They turned out really well but I made them far too big so they were very filling.


These ones were coconut and raspberry and even though I found them a bit sickly, everyone else loved them, which made the morning even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment