Friday 11 June 2010

Family sized Pizza


Thought I would make a pizza from scratch for tea tonight. How easy, if I had known it was so quick I'd have done it before! I made it from a Gino Dicampo recipe I cut out of one of my (many) magazines. I made double quantities to make a giant one.

Ingredients
  • 2tsp quick action bread yeast
  • 350g strong plain flour (plus extra for dusting)
  • 2tbsp olive oil (plus extra for greasing)
  • Passata
  • dried Oregano
  • Your choice of pizza toppings
  • black pepper
Method 
Preheat oven to 220 degrees C. Add yeast and a pinch of salt to 140ml warm water. Put flour into bowl, make a well in the centre add yeast, water and oil. Mix with a wooden spoon to form dough.

Turn out onto a floured surface; work with your hands for 5mins (it's very sticky). Place in a greased bowl and cover with a tea towel. Leave at room temperature until it has doubled in size (such a lovely surprise to see, even though you know what is supposed to have happened!)

Turn dough onto floured surface and push out from centre to form your base. Place on an oiled baking tray.
Spread Passata on top and then add your toppings. Sprinkle with the dried Oregano and black pepper and cook in oven for 20mins or until edges are golden brown. Simples!

I topped it with diced green and red peppers, pepperoni, mozzarella and mature cheddar...yum. It was delicious and a big hit with the boys, big and small!

Makes me want to eat it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment