Monday 12 July 2010

My Beautiful cookery books


I have a bit of a cookery book obsession and can't resist buying them, especially if they look beautiful! I snapped this one up as soon as it came out as I'd been waiting for it to be released. These are my favourite type of cookery books as they are part autobiography as well.


 I love reading about how food and cooking have been such an important part of the authors life and all the story's that go with that.


The photo's and styling in this book are so wonderful and has a very tactile Italian feel to it. It's split into sections based on different colours, Red, Orange, Yellow, Pink, Green, Gold, White, Brown, Monochrome, Stripes and Multicolour


This book is full of scrumptious recipes for healthy treats and cakes as their base ingredients are vegetables. It has wonderful diary accounts of how the recipes were created, even the disasters! Any book that can show me how to make healthy chocolate cake is a winner for me, truly having your cake and eating it!



This book is a wonderful read as all the recipes are taken from different children's books, many that I recognised and had read myself . It's lovely to learn how to create a proper old fashioned nursery tea or an adventurers picnic.


This book always comes in handy in our family as it is wonderfully easy and focuses on cooking with children, getting them involved in making their own food. It also tells you a brilliantly easy way to show children how to make their own butter!

                                      
Now all I have to do is start actually cooking the recipes, rather than just drooling over the pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment